Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Who Does Kyrell Resembles...

Photo Of The Moment

Photo Of The Moment
At Universal Studio on 5 June

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Strange Things Happened...

My diet has changed quite abit during the pregnancy, I seem to develop a liking for Indian/Malay food (spices??) and ate alot of Lor Mee and Yong Tau Hu!! All of which I have never ordered before if so, maybe few occassions only!!!

About 2 or 3 times, hubby has brought me to dine at Apollo Banana Leaf resturant, simply could not resist the Naan and Fish Head Curry! Do you think my little pea inside will fall for Indian girl in future? Kekeke..

I tried to take more gingko as well.. about once a week. Dunno whats the benefits, fair & smarter baby - according to my MIL...

Because of caffaine, I have reduced my chocolate and bubble milk tea intake. I used to take every other day but have since dropped to consuming about once a week.. huge sacrifice! :O)

Towards the last 2 months, I actually heed the advice to take bird's nest daily, something abt the beneficial effect on the body particularly on the lungs and complexion (of me and baby).

Anyway since I dunno how to prepare (not a big fan), I bought those bottled-ready-to drink type from Eu Yan Sang. Put in fridge and take 1 spoonful before going to work in the morning. They aint cheap.. all in all I spent abt $200+ on it. I know some who has spent much more but this is enough for me =_="

Last note, even though I have taken a craving for certain food, I have not once wake hubby up in the middle of the night to go some place and get the food for me!! Hurray (for him)!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

something to read...

An Overview of Ginkgo Biloba and Pregnancy
Ginkgo biloba (ginkgo) is an herbal supplement. It is most often used to enhance mental functioning and memory, but it is claimed to be useful for other conditions as well. As with most supplements, it is not known if ginkgo biloba is safe for use in pregnancy. In fact, there is some concern that ginkgo biloba could cause problems for pregnant women.

Can I Take Ginkgo Biloba During Pregnancy?
It is not known if ginkgo biloba is safe for pregnant women. There are no reliable studies that show that ginkgo biloba is safe (or unsafe), as this supplement has not been adequately studied in any pregnant women or animals. Some of the active components of ginkgo biloba may stimulate labor, have undesired effects on hormones, or increase the risk of bleeding (which can be especially dangerous during labor and delivery).

Many women try to avoid medications in pregnancy and turn to herbal remedies as an alternative, assuming that "natural" automatically means "safe." However, natural products can be quite toxic. For instance, many poisons and toxins are natural products. It just does not make sense to use an herbal supplement for which there is no information available about its safety during pregnancy.

Ginkgo Biloba and Pregnancy: Final Thoughts
If you are pregnant, it is always a good idea to talk to your healthcare provider before taking any medication or supplement. You and your healthcare provider can consider the possible risks and benefits of using ginkgo biloba in your particular situation, as well as any other treatment alternatives.

From http://alzheimers.emedtv.com/ginkgo-biloba/ginkgo-biloba-and-pregnancy.html

No comments: