Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Who Does Kyrell Resembles...

Photo Of The Moment

Photo Of The Moment
At Universal Studio on 5 June

Monday, November 3, 2008

Scare

At around beginning of my 2nd Trimester (mid July), I realised that I have some discharge from the nipple, after some reading up, suspect it could be colostrum which is normal for pregnant women. So during my rountine check-up, I brought it up to my gynae casually. Thats what she thought as well but when she asked me if I have similar discharge before I was pregnant, I told her "yes".. vaguely remembered that I sight discharge a few years back. It was during one of the co check-up but the doctor then thought that it could be due to hormonal changed, wasn't anything abnormal and does not require further testing.

Well, because of my discharge prior my preggie, my gynae felt that I should go for a blood test and see if my Prolactin level is exceptionally high, she does not rule out that it could be Prolactinoma, which is a type of brain tumour!! If I really have it, then I cannot breast feed my baby and has to start treatment immediately I deliver but good news is, this is usually not life threathening and most of the time, oral medication can get it fix.

I felt like my world is tumbling down when I heard this...all sorts of silly thoughts flashes in front of me.. what if I could not get to see my baby, what if...I could not stop crying for days.. sob sob... hubby consoled that it could be nothing, apart from my quite-frequent migraine, I am still standing up strong, no fainting or any of the sort.

My blood test came back a few days later.. it was high, usually in the case of preggie women in 3rd trimester but I was only in my 2nd~
I was advised to go for a MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) but the radiologist from Mt Alvernia advised to wait till I deliver to do it because I will need to take injections to dilate my blood vessel (so as to see clearer) which is not appropriate since I am preggie. And so the long wait.. of hoping.. of wishing that I am fine.



For more read-up:
http://womenshealth.aetna.com/WH/ihtWH/r.WSIHW000/st.36127/t.35996.html

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prolactinoma/DS00532/DSECTION=symptoms

http://www.mritutor.org/mritutor/WhatisMR.html

No comments: