Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Who Does Kyrell Resembles...

Photo Of The Moment

Photo Of The Moment
At Universal Studio on 5 June

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Literature For Children

Something sweet...
(Found this online, wished I had read to my baby)

Both "Goodnight Moon" and "My World" written by Margaret Wise Brown

Goodnight Moon
In the great green room
There was a telephone
And a red balloon
And a picture of

The cow jumping over the moon
And there were three little bears sitting on chairs

And two little kittens
And a pair of mittens
And a little toyhouse
And a young mouse

And a comb and a brush and a bowl full of mush
And a quiet old lady who was whispering "hush"

Goodnight room
Goodnight moon
Goodnight cow jumping over the moon

Goodnight light
And the red balloon
Goodnight bears
Goodnight chairs

Goodnight kittens
And goodnight mittens
Goodnight clocks
And goodnight socks

Goodnight little house
And goodnight mouse
Goodnight comb
And goodnight brush

Goodnight nobody
Goodnight mush
And goodnight to the old lady whispering "hush"

Goodnight stars
Goodnight air
Goodnight noises everywhere



My World
My book. Mother's book.
In my book I only look.

The fire burns.
The pages turn.

Mother's chair.
My chair.
A low chair.
A high chair.
But certainly my chair.

Daddy's slippers.
My slippers.
My pajamas.
Daddy's pajamas.
Even my teddy bear
wears pajamas.

My dog.
Daddy's dog.
Daddy's dog
Once caught a frog.

My spoon.
Daddy's spoon.
"The moon belongs
to the man in the moon."

Daddy's boy.
Mother's boy.
My boy is just a toy
Bear.

My car.
Daddy's car.

Bang Bang Bang - My car.
My car won't go very far.

My toothbrush.
Daddy's toothbrush.

My comb.
Mother's comb.

My soap. Daddy's soap.
My soap will make soapsuds, I hope.

My fish.
Daddy's fish.
When you catch
A fish you make
A wish.

My bed.
Mother's bed.
I go to sleep
When my story is read,
When my prayers are said,
And when my head
Is sleepy on the pillow.

My breakfast.
My morning.
Daddy's breakfast.
Good morning.

My kitty.
Daddy's kitty.
Daddy's kitty
Has gone to the city.

Your world.
My world.
I can swing
Right over the world.

My tree.
The bird's tree.
How many stipes
On a bumble bee?

No comments: