Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Who Does Kyrell Resembles...

Photo Of The Moment

Photo Of The Moment
At Universal Studio on 5 June

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Contractions???

On 19 Nov morning, exactly a month before my EDD, I experienced some cramps while I was at work.. it wasn't very sharp, like menses cramps and the frequency was getting closer and closer. Then it hit me, could I be having my baby TODAY?!! Oh no.. I panicked cos I am not done packing my hospital bag.. not all baby clothes are washed.. there are still things which I need to get wor. The hse has started renovating only today as well.. There is NO WAY I am gonna have the baby today~

That being said, I am excited at the same time hahaha... I can't wait to see my baby.. so I told my korean boss that I am having pains and will need to see my gynae. Gave a call to the clinic, pass on my work and off I go.

I can't remember the time but I guess I reached the clinic at around 10am+ bah.. hubby came 30 mins later. When I reached the clinic, I was told to follow one of the lady to TMC 2nd level - the delivery ward. I was strapped on something to monitor the heartbeat of the baby and also to see if I was in contractions. I tried to relax, taking the opportunity to rest but at one point, the cramps was getting stronger (but still bearable). After awhile.. it kinda faint away. After being there for 1hr+, I was 'discharged'. The report was passed to my gynae and I queued at the clinic to see her after that. I wasn't IN contractions, but a mild one, since I was around 34-35 weeks, should baby be born, it will be prematured.

Because my baby was in breech, my gynae had wanted to help me turn the baby down when I reach week 36-37 but now that this has happened, she can't do it in case she triggers the contractions. I was so disappointed!! And she advised that I should stop going for my yoga (double disappointment) or any form of exercise which might trigger the contractions.

Gynae gave me a jab (to strengthen bb's lung in case he's born prematurely) and asked me to rest. I think I took 2-3 jabs althogether, each per week (serves me right to start the blog a year later, cant remember anything haha...) and was given a week's rest. Unlike my previous spotting incident where I refuse to bedrest, this time, I listened, I am so far out that I cannot afford anything to go wrong. Work can come later. So I called up my colleagues to inform of my situation, they will take care of things. Done.

So now, I really got to rush on my packing and purchases!! As for the house, I can only pray that they will complete as per their promise - 6 to 8 weeks time. Hopefully baby and I can wait till then :)

No comments: