Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Daisypath Next Aniversary PicDaisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Who Does Kyrell Resembles...

Photo Of The Moment

Photo Of The Moment
At Universal Studio on 5 June

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Registration For Kyrell's Childcare

Today we went down to Learning Vision @ Gentle Rd to register for Kyrell's childcare - FINALLY - We wanted a full day session and to commerce in Aug but was told that it was not available in Aug (actually the principal said something abt being new student, should start in a new class blah blah, I did not register it in hee). So we sign up for the half day class which mainly consist of foreign kids. I was abit concern initially... them being bigger in size, will they bully Kyrell? Then hubby told me that this may not necessarily be true, they may be better behaved since their mum are not working and should be disciplining them. Well I certainly hope so! Perhaps Kyrell might even pick up some accent/words from them?? haha...

Prior to this visit, we have went to the school twice - 1st to 'tour' the school and the 2nd for a trial class (1hr). On both occassions, Kyrell seemed to like the place and was at ease walking around playing the toys. We also like the environment and thought we should give it a try. Not that we have any other choice, being in current situation where there is no caregiver for Kyrell. And I could not be bringing him to office for too long. Although my boss and colleagues were understanding and being very supportive, work has already been interrupted and I do not feel good about it.

Ok back to the school ; The fee between the full day and half day session turns out to be about $60 odd difference! Before subsidy, the full day cost $1000 (aft sub, $770) and half day costs $800 (aft sub, slightly below $700). The timing is anytime from 7am to 7pm or 7am to 12pm for half day. In our case, I can pick up Kyrell after his bath (optional). I was hoping that by the time he is back at my office, he will knock out at least a straight 3 hrs, being up so early and various activities to burn him out! This way, I could probably still get some of my work done.

The principal was friendly and brief us through and answers our doubts, she told us to be prepared to 'part' with Kyrell when the intial 2-3 days are up, he will definitely cry so I/we gotta be strong. I honestly think that I cannot hold on when I hear Kyrell cry.... we shall see ya. The principal go on saying that todds at their age adapt fast, when they get familiar and comfortable with an environment, they will get used to it. Which reminds me that it is true. For the past 3 weeks that my mum was sick, Kyrell has gotten used to a hospital and office environment.

At the hosp, he knows that we got to wear a mask, he knows what nurse is and that we washed the hands in certain ways (those steps to washing). He knows that the sanitizer placed at the end of the patient's bed is for washing our hands and when we arrive at the counter, we need to sign in, get our hands chopped with a stamp, receive a sticker from the staff and take a mask before entering the lift.

At my workplace, he knows what a printer/copier machine is, whenever there's a printing sound, he knows that paper is coming out and he will say "mummy take" and he knows what a water dispenser and conference room is. He also learns what and say 'calculator'. Kids do pick up fast.

Pix of Kyrell @ Swensen - lunch after the registration. He has grown bigger right?






1 comment:

--andy-- said...

hi, chance upon your blog from kiasu.
Amanda should still be the principal at LV Gentle. She is always helpful and accomodating. We felt relieve when our kids were under her care (she was previously Principal at Havelock branch)
cheers, andy